Our Lady’s story continues from the Grace of the Water to the Power of the Dragon’s Breath………………Summoned again, the Magic of the Design Fairy Godmother!
In honor of the Lady’s grandfather, the Grand Dragon, the Lady of the Lake wished to satiate her Dragon nature in a space that would calm the mighty beast in earth, air and smoke.
Her Zen Dragon inspired Master Lair already completed by you know who’s Design Magic, must now be complemented by a Master Ensuite to sooth the Flying Dragon’s Fiery Breath and also house a bevy of mighty hot toiletries and sexy French perfumes, all in one very small room. OOH LA LAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghchhhrrrrrrrrrR!
The Lady’s Condo Ensuite or Privy Chamber wish list included—lots of storage space- PLEASE! Create a low maintenance space with: a larger vanity that actually functions, a deep soaker tub, a new chamber pot, new medicine cabinet, a place to put towels, soothing colors, no muss-no fuss tile, new plumbing & electrical and overhead light, new lighting fixtures, new floor, a bit of a masculine edge, and an atmosphere of serenity to move the fire of the day into gentle smoke and……oh yes…….can you make it look bigger?!!!.” Hmmmmmmm, another miracle”, said the Design Fairy Godmother, not ever wanting to scorch the Lady’s dreams, nor the dreams of others, pray tell.
With little “Wing Space” here, (for Dragons or Design Fairy Godmothers), out came the faithful Magic Wand—uh— very carefully and with extremely directed movements not needing too much elbowroom!
First, the wand brought forth the Design Fairy Godmother’s team of Merry Men of Mirth & Reno Magic. Arriving in a puff of smoke, in pure Draco style, they crowded into this small space- the contractor, plumber and electrician- and soon began to demolish the old and rebuild the new, following the magical design plan, and trying hard not to bump into one another -not unlike the Three Stooges.
Then the Design Fairy Godmother conjured a most enchanting design for a beautiful new custom vanity (with TONS of storage!!!), matching mirror by ECLECTIC GALLERY, and matching combination medicine cabinet/towel closet/storage unit that would hang above the new chamber pot (uh….toilet). These pieces were stained a deep espresso brown as in the Master Bedroom furniture, and they featured beautiful art glass cutouts with a warm gray smoky texture right from the Dragon’s mouth, as well as sharp masculine lines. A beautiful taupe colored countertop in CEASARSTONE from ARISTON MARBLE adorned our vanity, as did a square shaped under mount Mirabelle sink, and the AQUABRASS faucet in chrome, both from TAPS. The Square handles from LOWES and the square knobs from LEE VALLEY TOOLS in chrome gave it a sparkle!
For the Lady’s fiery French perfumes and sensual body butters, we created yet another storage space right by the sink, a Niche in the wall with crystal glass shelves from CANADA GLASS & MIRROR CO. Not an inch of space in this Grand Dragon bath was wasted on the Pixies!
A gorgeous three light chrome vanity fixture placed above the custom mirror, and a square chrome flush mount light fixture overhead, both from UNION, added even more radiance!
Using a feature edge tile, from OLYMPIA TILE, horizontally around the room, we created an optical illusion of breath and width—more space. This tile reminiscent of Dragon scales, was made of greenish/gray smoky colored glass with small square inserts of brown/beige marble, A medium taupe 6X6 square ceramic tile brought an earthy feel to the walls below our edge tile and around the room, creating high color contrast, with a little “Dragon cave quality”. The wall paint color from Sir BENJAMIN MOORE, in Hazy Skies#OC-48, a warm gray, gave us the air and dragon smoke above the tile to complete the optical illusion.
An American Standard soaker tub from TAPS was installed, with luscious square designed AQUABRASS chrome faucets, spout and shower head, from DUPONT PLUMBING. A feature wall of 2X6 greenish/gray smoky glass tiles from CENTURA, were placed vertically to create a feeling of a smoky underground waterfall. Another Niche was built inside the shower area complete with a crystal glass shelf for all the Lady’s bath and beauty supplies. We also added a rounded Hotel style shower curtain rod and curtain, request of our precious Lady.
Lastly, to finish this “spacious” look, square floor tiles in greenish/gray porcelain with brown speckled texture also from OLYMPIA TILE, were laid diagonally.
No Flying Dragon in their right mind would pass up the chance to soak their scales and sooth their fiery breath with a luxurious bath in this sensuous lair!
The ravishing Lady of the Lake was pleased again and each time she relaxed in her new Ensuite, she was reminded of the Grand Dragon, her royal blood grandfather, her mother’s Dragon breath with her freshly fired childhood S’mores, and a particularly very cute Parisian of Dragon blood ancestry, who was responsible for many of her delicious and enticing perfumes……………..but that is another Tale…a Fairytale…………..although one I shan’t tell……….Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my dear Children!
AFTER Photos by Claire Louise Foster
INTERIOR DESIGN by Andrea Carini for Your Sacred Space Interiors
A Condo’s Master Ensuite to Sooth Any Beasty Dragon’s Fire!
ANDREA’S DESIGN PEARLS of WISDOM:
- When Designing/Renovating your Condo Bathroom, first review your Condo Rules & By Laws. There may be restrictions on changes to plumbing, electrical wiring, roof and exterior of your Condo, and be aware that these rules vary from place to place. This info will impact on your creativity, so get your facts straight from the King of Condo Rules and a Great Bathroom Design will follow!
- New King & Queen Bathrooms in your Condo, magically increase the value of your real estate! So while you are luxuriating in your new soaker tub, know that your investment is getting richer!
- Make your space feel LARGER by creating Optical Illusions with your bathroom design! Be clever with your paint choices and tile colors! Run a horizontal tile edge around a narrow space to make it look wider as in our Mermaid Bath. Use a darker tile on the bottom and a light paint color on top to “lift” your ceilings. Lay tiles diagonally to create breath in the space as in our Grand Dragon Ensuite.
- You do not have to paint a small space white to make it look larger! COLOR has a dramatic effect on every space. Whatever feeling you wish to achieve, be it bold or serene- make a statement with your Color Design! Whatever visual effect you wish to create- be it cozy, cave- like, expansive, can also be achieved with your strategic Color Plan!
- Your Condo Bathroom needs every bit of space utilized cleverly for storage! NICHES are NICE: Build Niches in your shower area or by your sink, as in our Mermaid & Dragon Bathroom Designs. Display your beauty regime! OVERSIZED MEDICINE CABINETS: Purchase or Custom Design an oversized Medicine Cabinet, like one that is fully mirrored as in our Mermaid Bath, or our Custom Cabinet with multi-functions designed for our Grand Dragon Bath. Great Ideas for tons of storage space!
- CUSTOM VANITY: A Must! A good vanity is already an expensive investment so why not get one custom designed to not only fit your space but also include features for the ultimate in organization and storage! While you’re at it—mix in your personality for that extra Pizazz- as we did in our Condo Mermaid & Grand Dragon Bathroom Designs! Interesting handles and knobs can also add sparkle & charm!
- Replace a shallow tub with a lovely deep soaker with or without jets. It’s a Spa like feeling and there’s always room for one more! Add a glass “half wall” for the shower or a hotel style curved rod with a very chic curtain of your choice!
- A Custom Frameless Glass Shower is a great choice for small Condo Bath spaces! Thick glass panels and hinges, gives your bathroom a wide open feeling. The glass comes in many different textures as well as clear AND you can design your own sandblasted pattern should you wish. No little pixies please!
- Don’t be predictable in your Bathroom Design! Here’s an opportunity to reflect your personality and style! Knight? Court Jester? Wood Nymph? Mythical Creature? Elfin Queen?!!!